Biology - Trainee
- Under close supervision, the successful candidate will be expected to conduct day-to-day testing and profiling of compounds in cells or protein based assays in a team oriented environment and will be expected to analyze, interpret, draw conclusions and test new methodologies.
- The candidate will be expected to multitask, recognize problems and provide input to solutions, draft reports, properly document experiments, proficiently present results within lab, at project or review meetings as well as for other internal parties as needed.
- The candidate will be expected to demonstrate an excellent understanding and knowledge of laboratory tools, techniques, methods, and underlying principles.
- The candidate will be expected to take responsibility for ordering lab supplies, and keep lab stocked and in good order.
- Preferable would be hands-on/practical working exposure with general biotech laboratory equipment (cell-biology lab, in-vitro ADME lab).
- Theoretical understanding/practical work exposure with cell culture (established cell lines), protein detection assays (ELISA), kinase assays, ADME assays (microsomal stability, plasma stability, solubility, permeability, CYP inhibition assays, plasma protein binding assays etc).
- Must have good manual dexterity and demonstrate careful attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills to interact effectively with people in other departments.
- Work collaboratively with others and be able to adapt to various work assignments.
- Must be able to prioritize and organize work responsibilities in order to meet deadlines.
- Must possess a great deal of integrity to maintain confidentiality.
- Smart with a “Go-Getter/Entrepreneurial” mind-set.
- Good oral and written (English) communication skills.